This year, we had a stress free, relaxing, and enjoyable Christmas. We kept our shopping to a minimum, and focused mostly on giving to others. While we overdid on the food aspect of the festivities, everything else was relatively simple and non chaotic. As tradition wants it, Marc and I gave each other useful presents coupled with a few yummy treats to eat while watching movies, during those numerous nights we seem to enjoy more often when winter is here. We gave the boys those presents we knew they would like and the customary books, educational 'toys' and movies, to go with the treats they have gotten in their stockings.
The floor space under the three wasn't overflowed with presents like it has been the previous years. Our tree looked beautiful this year, maybe because Yann decorated it all by himself, mostly. He saw a star at the thrift store that he really liked. We bought it so that he could put it on top of our old tree. It has replaced the small, shiny old one we used to have. I love the new star for its simplicity. It is not shiny, neither is it chic or luxurious. It is as plain as can be. It is beautiful! I enjoyed looking at our tree and being able to see the ornaments Marc made decades ago, and some other ones he grew up seeing on their tree when he was a little boy. I enjoyed looking at the ornaments I have been giving to my boys every year on December first. I enjoyed looking at the ones they painted, the ones they made or the ones they brought from school. These made us happy for it represented our family.
We spent Christmas Eve at home with Marc's aunt and uncle, where we ate exotic, French, tropical delicacies. We read the nativity story. and the boys opened their Christmas Eve boxes. Uncle David and aunt Celia opened theirs too. Bed time came and we bade farewell to our guests and sent the boys to bed, all excited about Santa's coming. Yann and Marc made sure the treats where ready for the old jolly fellow and the reindeer to snack on. My husband used a bell that sounded just like Santa's to let the boys know that he was nearing our home and that they needed to close their eyes and sleep. Marc and I waited for them patiently before bringing all the wrapped presents out and put it under the tree, and filled the stockings that were hung. It was a quiet day, a quiet evening.
With Christmas falling on a Sunday this year, we each got up early, enjoyed the surprises our stockings held overnight, had a delicious breakfast and left for Church. Singing the beautiful hymns filled us with joy and gratitude for the beautiful gift we have all received of the Savior's birth, the reason for the season. Once home, we opened our presents making sure numerous videos were made, and we watched the joy the boys had, opening each present with excitement and exclaiming, each time, that it was the best Christmas ever. While they know why we celebrate, the presents still are they favorite part about this time. One of the present that I have received from Marc was a nativity and I loved it. It was such a great reminder of this season. This one will stay out all year around. The unwrapping, shouting and excitement felt, while discovering our new gifts, were probably the most chaotic time we had this Christmas season. A good kind of chaos. We ate the good meal Marc has prepared for us, and just relaxed reading books, watching movies, and playing with the boys. It was great to be together, just the four of us.
As with every year, I missed my family but couldn't help but be grateful to have a family of my own to celebrate with. I love being able to look at my husband and my sons and know that we are an eternal family. I am thankful to have them.Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year. I truly hope you all enjoyed this season and were able to spend time with your loved ones. It was a very
MERRY CHRISTMAS for our family of four.

No comments:
Post a Comment