Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Child's Prayer!

"Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?"

This song in the Children's book of the Church is one of my all time favorite!

I have enjoyed watching my boys, especially Yann, turning to prayer when they need help with something that is important to them, and as simple as asking their Father in Heaven to stop the rain so our family can enjoy a time outside, together, or with our friends. I love to see them pray for each other when they are sick or for me when I am sad. I love to see the joy on their faces when their prayers are answered. I love to catch Yann kneeling at some ode places in our apartment because he felt like thanking God for something that was dear to him. He is such a great example to us and to his brother who likes to imitate him.We teach them that they would be times where Heavenly Father would answer their prayers in a way that would not be pleasing to them but, He will always answer it, no matter what.

One day, I was sick and was sleeping on the couch when I felt my son lay his hands on my head and ask for me to feel better. I cried! He has seen his dad perform blessings often, to realize that this kind of prayer can bring comfort and healing.

My boys may not be perfect in their behaviors but their "simple" faith is teaching me a lot about the verse in Matthew 18:3 "..., Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven".

No comments:

Post a Comment