Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Primary and me.

Tonight we had our monthly primary meeting. I really really enjoy and love my calling. Not long after I got baptised, I got called as a primary teacher (in the sunbeams class). I was willing to do the best I can but was so scared to fail. Not only it was my first calling in the church but I have just moved to Canada, so my English was really poor. I went in knowing that this is what my Heavenly Father wanted me to do, and just did my very best to teach my children what I was supposed too. The best thing about this first calling is that the children were so innocent and never judged me when I was making mistakes speaking English to them.

My second calling in the church was in nursery. Yes, still in primary! Back then, we only had two regular children which I got to teach later on when I got called to be a teacher once again. Needless to say that I have served in primary a few times. I have enjoyed each of my callings and is really grateful to now be the secretary in the primary presidency. It is such an eye opening experience for me. I get to see what our presidency sisters have to plan, and all the organising they have to think about.

I truly enjoy serving in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment