Sunday, December 04, 2016

Is it worth it?

Really, is it worth it for me to keep a blog when I scarcely write posts to publish? I find myself asking that question often. I like writing, and being able to talk about my family. The things we do, the way the boys are growing, how we are doing as a couple or how I am doing as a person. Today, I was pondering about what to do about my blog. Is it worth it to have one?

I have so many things going through my mind, on the daily basis, but never seem to find the time or even words, to express myself in a way that the people, who actually read me, would understand. I have so many things to say. Mostly to myself, to my children, to my husband, and my family. I have so many things I want to share with people about us, about life, about everything that seem important to me or us but probably irrelevant to others. Is it worth it? Is it really?

As I thought about it all day, and pondered what this blog actually brings to me, I can only conclude that it is. Not for others but definitely for me and my family. I haven't been really good at keeping a journal for the last four years, so this, has definitely been a blessing. It's been a great way to keep track of events that have taken place in our lives. A great way to keep our family's history of trials, failures and mostly good and fun, "alive". Yes, of course it is worth it!

Some months I would probably be posting constantly and others scarcely but as long as I do it, it would always be better than not doing it right? I should really make an effort though. Write about things that matters to us even if it seems mundane. The most important readers of these published excerpts of the life we live, with the people we love, would be our children, our family. We would be giving them, a pass to memories they have forgotten, or never remembered having lived. Insight of how I felt or even they felt about a trial, an accomplishment. It definitely is worth it!

I am not advertising paint colors, or amazing crafts products for you to try (although I might, if I really like something). I am merely here to share with you a little bit of us, hopefully not too much of it.

So many things have happened since I was last, here.... I may or may not write about it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It is totally worth it! I read it!! I love it! I love your family

    ReplyDelete