Starting new routines like getting the boys to bed earlier, packing their lunch bags, waking up earlier making breakfast and getting them dressed were easier than I thought it would be... so far.
I enjoyed the five hours I got to spend with each of my boys alone this week.
Yann's first day seemed to have taken longer than two and a half hours. I caught myself wondering whether or not he was having a good day. I dropped him at eight thirty like I was supposed to, talked to the teacher a bit, and put away the school supplies we were asked to provide for each one them. He said bye and just walked away without even bothering looking back or waving. It made me a bit sad but knowing that he was ready to be at school, wiped the sadness away.
Marc and I went for a drive and did some shopping then headed home. We had FUN together just playing, reading, laughing, cuddling, and watching an episode of a show on Netflix. Time came to pick up Yann, so we got ready and did just that. Yann was happy to see us, and told us all about the fun he had, and the things he did. However, just looking at him, I could see that he wasn't his own self. I asked him if he was feeling okay, and he said he was just tired from all the fun. Once we got home, he went directly on my bed and had a nap. He had a fever, and couldn't hold anything down. While he had a good first day of pre-K, the rest of the afternoon, he just slept. Poor thing!
Tuesday morning came, Marc was excited! He knew it was his first day of school. He didn't start until twelve thirty so Yann and him had time to play. Marc's reaction to finally staying at school instead of just dropping his big brother was different. He was smiling form ears to ears, and couldn't contain his excitement. He wave us goodbye and took off.
Yann and I had a great time together as well. We came home, had a late breakfast, went for a walk, did some shopping, played, read books, cuddled and watch an episode of a new tv show on Netflix. Then of course, we picked Marc up when it was time. Marc had a lot to tell us. He was so happy to see us that he hugged Yann and gave us kisses not caring about all the parents looking, smiling at him.
Their second day of school were about the same. Fun, happy, exciting, etc...
I had to make "mailboxes" for both of them to leave in the school, so I got my card stocks, and craft supplies out so I could get them done and delivered to the teacher this week.
I love them being at school! I am glad they're both in pre-K this year. My favorite thing about it all is the amount of time, they both kept asking me when we were picking the other brother. They missed each other a lot. They were so happy to see each other at the end of school.
With parent preschool program (PPP), karate class, and my celpip class, we have something to do everyday except Thursday.
Good! You can come play with me on Thursdays!!! :) I call dibs!
ReplyDeleteSounds awesome. I love being back into routines and having things to do and places to go. It has really helped me. Although sometimes it is nice to have a day to relax.
ReplyDelete