
I love saying this simple phrase, my son and I. Yann is almost 5 months old. It is so amazing to see how much he has grown. Life hasn't been the same since he joined our family. In 5 months, he turned our world upside down. The long quiet evenings, Marc and I used to enjoy are now almost all gone. But yet, what a joy to hear him giggle, and make sounds, and NOT such a joy to hear him scream, and scream, and scream :). Sleeping in, is now, just a memory, a thing of the past, something that hasn't happened in months. But, how I love seeing my baby's cute little face when I go in his room, and see how excited he is to see me, unless of course, he is welcoming me with screams, and screams, and screams :). Our old routines have been replaced by new ones. Some EXTREMELY enjoyable, some not so much. Being a mother is, like they say, the greatest calling I have ever had but like most callings, I have moments where I feel overwhelmed, and tired. Never tired of my son but of the constant screaming, when nothing I do seems to help him. I LOVE my son, and I LOVE being his mother. Like Marc said, I am so privileged, so lucky to witness all those little things he does that no ones but me gets to see. Or witness his firsts whatever they may be. I will never be able to replace those memories we are creating together, but will one day be able to sleep in, even if it takes years to get there. I LOVE my son, and I LOVE being his mother. It is so sweet to see him grow so fast, yet so bitter too. Because the time will come when I won't be able to lift him up, and hold him the way I love too. My son and I, what a pair we are!what a blessing it is to be able to call him my son. He is making our family a stronger US. I LOVE my son, and I LOVE being his mother.


No comments:
Post a Comment