Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What's next????

So, I finally decided to write my first post in English. Sorry if it feels like I am venting a little :). I went to see my doctor today, and he didn't really have a lot of good news for me.

First, I have to do that 2 hours long diabetes test tomorrow. The results of the first one were a little bit too sweet for his, and my liking, lol. Because of it, I have to start testing my blood sugar every day for a whole week (not the end of the world, I know). And, I also have to see him again next week. We just started our bi-weekly appointments, and it rapidly went down to weekly ones, sigh!

Second, I have to go to the hospital to have an emergency ultrasound done tomorrow. Why? Well, let's just say that I am having my cervix checked.

Third, I have to monitor my every cramps now because I am having them on a regular basis. The doctor has requested this to be done because, I spent a few hours in the hospital on Friday morning. I was having a lot of cramps. Cramps that came with a tightening of my cute little tummy, lol. They thought I was having preterm labor cramps. My cramps are quite similar to preterm labor ones but fortunately they are not them, sigh! I don't really want to go to Edmonton for more testings.

Fourth, with my rheumatoid arthritis getting worst each day, I have to have a  C-section done. Not my first choice, trust me. I have fought with myself trying to put my stubbornness' first, and let it make the decision for me ever since I was told to think about it. There was no way I was doing a cesarean, I thought. But it's probably the best method for my baby and I. I have researched the subject for months and found women that are in the same situation than me. The majority of them had a C-section. As long as my baby comes into this world healthy and strong, that's all that really matters to me, I guess :). Still can't swallow that one, lol. Positive thing about the C-section is that we can plan to have it done on Marc's birthday. Yay! He is really excited about doing this. He said quote: "I'm gonna have a baby for my birthday", hahaha, he's such a cutie!

So, as you can see my journey on the pregnancy ride has been a little bit bumpy. However, if this is what it takes for us to have our little boy, I would do anything the doctor asked me too, even if I don't want to, lol. Feeling my baby move everyday makes me REALLY HAPPY. We are BLESSED to have such a miracle in our lives. We LOVE our baby so much already.

So, how was my first post in English? Good? Bad? Atrociously painful, lol???? Hahahaha!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Not bad ! not bad ! lol ! (vaea)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay a post in english. I am sorry that things have not been going great. The girl I work with is having lots of problems as well. It makes me feel guilty any time I complain because things for us have been going to beautifully. Let me know if you need anything, and you are right it is worth all the pain for the miracle of a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel guilty about complaining, it comes with the territory, lol. I am glad everything is going so good for you guys. Every time baby moves, I just feel grateful that he is inside me, and to know that I'll get to see him soon. It takes away all the worries and pain, hihi. :)))

    ReplyDelete