Last week was probably the craziest week I had since I became a mother of two. My children serenaded me with screams, cries and a lot of attitude. Out of the 7 days that made this week, I had one and a half days that were amazingly good and the rest well, the rest was far from being amazing. I enjoyed the good days and dreaded the bad ones. They were so bad. It is hard to find patience in such circumstances.
Someone once made the comment to me that because I have waited so long to be a mother I shouldn't complain about all the "bad" that comes with being one. Dumbest comment ever I would say!
I am a mother! I have high and low moments as a mother. I have good and bad days as a mother. My children are sometimes really good, and sometimes really bad even awful at times. They either scream, cry, yell. Or laugh, giggle, and smile depending on their moods. I feel overwhelmed at times and yet I feel overjoyed at the thought that I am a mother. I spend my time making sure all their needs are taken care of and forget about my own most days. My children are perfect in my eyes yet so imperfect in their ever changing behaviors. I run and hide in my bathroom for a quick break from my kids once in a while. Does that make me LOVE them less? Of course not. Everyday it seems like I fall in love more and more with them than the previous day, despite the screaming and the loud cries. How? I am not sure myself. Among the chaos of a bad day, there is always a little ray of sunshine that highlights a wonderful trait of the kind of people my babies are.
Yes, I hate the bad moments. But, I love the cuddles, the hugs, the kisses, the smiles, the giggles and the laughter. I love being my son's mother.
loved this post and sums up the same way I feel. Bad days are hard but I find they make me appreciate the good days. Sorry you had such a rough week. I am kind of busy this week with preparing for young womens camp but next week lets have a play date.
ReplyDeletePlay date will be nice!
Delete