Friday, June 07, 2013

My children!

My boys are growing... every night, when they are finally both sleeping, I take a time to reflect on the day we had together and the things they did. I get amazed at how they seem to be growing so fast, even my little M is growing and is at the fun stage where he is just full of giggles, smiles and is grabbing onto things.

My big boy is going to be 17 months in a few days, that is just crazy. Not long ago he was just a baby.

I think my sons are crazily HANDSOME (ha ha, biased I know). Marc is becoming cuter and cuter every day and so is his older brother. I love how you can tell they are brothers but they have their own kind of facial features. They look alike but not quite alike if that makes any sense. Now that I have two children, I get asked a lot if there are any differences between the two of them. Fortunately, yes there are! I don't want them to be identical. That would be way too boring!!!

Yann: He is quite a little character! He acts so differently in public than he does at home. People think that he is so serious all the time but that isn't really the case. He is a pretty smart boy (biased again)! His vocabulary is growing every day in both French and English, and his understanding of both languages is amazing too. He is a really independent little boy. When he wants something on the table or counter, he goes and gets it without my help. When he is thirsty or hungry, he usually asks for it. I downloaded a couple apps in French and English on the Ipad for him to play and learn. He knows how to start them on his own, and how to get out of them and pick something else when he is bored playing one of the games. He knows how to play the music on the Ipad too. There's one album he likes, and always looks for it, and play the song over and over. Impressive? I would say so. BUT he doesn't get to be on the Ipad all the time. He spends 10 minutes on in the morning and sometimes 10 minutes before bedtime. GOING OUTSIDE is still his favorite thing to do. Wherever there's dirt, you will find him. Saying "go walk" and "go outside" are now like official hymns at our house. We hear them daily. I could probably go on and on talking about him but I won't. He is just a wonderful and smart little boy who can be a really cranky pants and can fuss like nobody's business, ha ha.

Marc: My little Marc is a SWEET baby, unless he is hungry (he can hold a screaming note longer than Pavarotti). He has the cutest little giggles ever. He doesn't like being in the swing and prefers the exersaucer. Before he turned 2, he started sleeping through the night and is still a great sleeper (knock on wood). He still eats a lot and is really good at burping now. Just like his brother was/is, Marc sleeps pretty much anywhere and is better at self soothing himself than Yann was. I love my little boy as much as I love my big boy. I enjoy the little one on one time we get together where I can just enjoy the baby he is.

My boys are so precious to me. I LOVE them so deeply and so unconditionally. It is NOT all rainbow and sunshine every day. We have our really GOOD days and our really not so good days but I wouldn't have it any other way. I think we need the bad days as much as the good days.




1 comment:

  1. WELCOME BACK! i missed your blogs that's for sure! You're not too bias! I think your kids are pretty Dang cute as well! I have another one in the running now but yours are still so cute! love the window pictures! They are so big!!!

    ReplyDelete